The Franz Liszt International Piano Competition will take place on 12-19 September 2021 in Budapest, at one of the most prominent locations of the Hungarian musical life, at the Academy of Music.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- The entire program of the competition is to be performed by heart, without the use of scores!
- Liszt compositions performed in the pre-selection can repeatedly be performed as selected/free choice pieces in later rounds of the competition.
- The compositions cannot be repeated in the rounds of the competition with the exception of the pre-selection.
- After assessing the results, the secretariat of the competition announces the names of the qualified competitors in alphabetical order by 24:00 on the day of the current round.
- The time length of the performance per person in the pre-selection and in the first and the second rounds is determined. The performance consists of mandatory and free choice compositions. Competitors can show the jury their knowledge by putting together a program of their own in accord with the description of the competition.
- When applying, the participants select two compositions from the repertoire of the final, and after the second round, the jury decides about the compositions to be performed by the finalists.
NUMERS OF THE COMPETITORS PER ROUND
Maximum 32 competitors can be accepted for the first round.
No more than 15 competitors are accepted for the second round.
At least 5, at most 5+1 (voted in by the audience) competitors are accepted in the semi-final.
No more than 4 competitors are accepted for the final.
19 September, 2021.
Music Academy, Grand Hall (1061 Budapest, Liszt Ferenc tér 8.)
At the gala concert the three prize winners will perform pieces selected by the jury from the material of the competition.